United States Houston: Software Architect, Senior Technical Advisor content expired halliburton.com- 3 months ago
We are looking for the right people — people who want to innovate, achieve, grow and lead. We attract and retain the best talent by investing in our employees and empowering them to develop themselves and their careers. Experience the challenges, rewards and opportunity of working for one of the world’s largest providers of products and services to the global energy industry.
Developing software for an upstream oil and gas industry can be very challenging due to various environments under which it has to work flawlessly. In this position, you will apply your expertise to help shape and manage technical vision and strategies that align with the business unit roadmap by identifying opportunities, providing solutions and solving business challenges. In this capacity, you will collaborate with other stakeholders to ensure the software architecture being designed is aligned with business requirements. The Software Architect - Senior Technical Advisor will be instrumental in helping facilitate the development of highly efficient, highly reliable, fault-tolerant scalable solutions to satisfy those objectives. You will apply your expertise to introduce and drive leading-edge software frameworks, designs and standards across the firm. You will ensure enterprise-wise design standards are maintained by leading design review sessions and by sharing knowledge, coaching and mentoring technical staff. Projects will be diverse and will directly affect the operation and effectiveness of field operations.
- Minimum 10 years relevant experience
- Demonstrated ability to stay current with Application Architecture best practices, design patterns, existing and emerging technologies and platforms, architectural and systems engineering trends
- Broad technical expertise in the design and development of complex multi-tiered distributed engineering applications
- Expertise in integration, SOA and middleware technologies
- Proficient in the Microsoft .NET technology stack
- Familiar with microservices and messaging development and the use of containers
- Experienced with MS SQL and Entity Framework Core
- Experienced in user-interface development
- Must possess excellent communication skills
- MS degree in Computer Science/Engineering
- Exposure in app hosting such as Katana
- Experience with high performance computing
- Familiar with NoSQL database technologies
- Exposure to oil & gas experience such as drilling or geophysical-related app development
- Candidates having qualifications that exceed the minimum job requirements will receive consideration for a higher level role given (1) their experience, (2) additional job requirements, and/or (3) business needs. Depending on education, experience and skill level, a variety of job opportunities might be available including Technical Advisor-Senior and Technical Advisor-Principal.
Halliburton is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
3000 N. Sam Houston Parkway E., Houston, Texas, 77032, United States
Requisition Number: 44981
Experience Level: Experienced Hire
Job Family: Engineering/Science/Technology
Product Service Line: Sperry Drilling Svcs
Full Time / Part Time: Full Time
Additional Locations for this position:
Nearest Major Market: Houston
Job Segment: Developer, Computer Science, Database, Middleware, SQL, Technology