Snr Manager, IT Workplace Transformation content expired singtel.com- 3 months ago
Group Infrastructure transformation manager responsible for the conceptualisation, solutioning, formulation of business case and implementation of infrastructure technologies to transform Singtel IT infrastructure through the exploitation of IT technologies in order to meet current and future business demands. Group infrastructure transformation manager will assist the director and work across the different technology domains, namely the End User Technology (EUT) and Network infrastructure domain to drive transformational changes to Singtel IT infrastructure in order to bring about cost efficiencies and optimisations of resources to achieve business and Group IT KPIs.
EUT is the primary interface between the users and the business systems and applications. It is the primary enabler of communications, collaboration and access to business applications across the region. The EUT systems are critical not only because they are the technology that enables the access to the systems, but also are perceived as personal devices that individual users interact with. Therefore, the EUT platform has significant influence over the Customer Experience of internal Singtel staff.
As a result, the performance of the EUT reflects the user community’s perception of the performance of the business systems and the overall IT department.
In addition, the underlying network infrastructure in which the EUT systems ride on is also critical to the overall accessibility of business systems as well as EUT backend systems. Without this underlying key infrastructure piece, the entire EUT and Customer Experience will be severely impacted from performance & speed of access perspective.
The EUT and network infrastructure teams consists of about 60 permanent staff across Singapore and Australia, with involvement of over 20 infrastructure vendors. The role is responsible to oversee the quality of the EUT and network delivery of the $1-2 million annual capital plan.
- Alignment of the EUT and Network strategy and planning with Singtel’s business goals;
- Optimisation of EUT and Network infrastructure through an understanding of evolving business needs and technology capabilities
- Support the director in the long-term strategic planning of EUT and network architecting and technology adoption;
- Ensure that projects do not duplicate functionalities or diverge from each other or from business and IT strategies;
- Responsible to ensure that all projects that have an EUT and/or network deliverables are in alignment with the overall Group IT strategies and architecture blueprint;
- Responsible for the management of risks associated with EUT and network domains through appropriate standards and policies;
- Direct and/or indirect involvement and oversight of the development of policies, standards and guidelines that influence the selection, development, implementation and guides the selection, development, implementation and use of EUT and network infrastructure within Singtel Group
- Direct contribution and maintenance of EUT and network architecture standards, policies and guidelines that are applicable to Singtel EUT and network infrastructure including onshore and offshore call centres;
- Architecture & Solutioning
- Responsible to create EUT and network solutions that are scalable, adaptable and support the ever changing business needs;
- Responsible for the formulation of the technology roadmap for EUT and network domains including the evaluation of emerging technologies for strategic fit within Singtel business objectives;
- Responsible for the capacity, supportability and lifecycle of the EUT and network infrastructure.
- Project delivery
- Direct oversight and management of project deliverables from technical solutioning, adherence with standards and policies as well as to drive the project from technical perspective;
- Work closely with assigned project managers to ensure that timeline and budget are adhered to;
- Ensure the complete delivery of the required projects from technical perspective including the need to ensure that the impact to existing operations and systems are minimised;
- Develop all necessary technical requirements and inputs necessary to ensure the successful completion of the projects;
- Stakeholder management
- To provide ongoing advice, consultancy and influence to the Business and Group IT on the most optimal EUT and network technologies to achieve service differentiation through innovation thereby unlocking competitive advantage for Singtel Group;
- People Development
- Guides and mentors junior staff in order to build internal IPs in the EUT and network infrastructure areas.
As a key member of the Group Infrastructure Technology team, the manager will have to contribute to the creation of processes and procedures to maximise the business value of the infrastructure team. The Group Transformation manager has to be able to work across cultural boundaries supporting a hybrid on-shore/off-shore delivery model.
- Degree in Computer Science, Computer, Information Technology, Electronics Engineering or equivalent
- IT professional with more than 10 years of experience in a competitive IT environment, including at least 5 years at a management level
- Proven ability to manage and motivate a mixed workforce of internal and outsourced contractors to achieve maximum efficiency and results
- Must have strong relationship building and management skills
- Must have exposure to outsourcing management
- Must have basic commercial background understanding such as Total Cost of Ownership, CAPEX & OPEX.
- Must have strong team building skills
- Must have strong communication skills, articulate and passionate to liaise across the different departments and to drive policy, governance, processes throughout the organisation
- Ability to influence senior stakeholders by demonstrating the value of technologies;
- Quality oriented with total commitment to continuous improvements
- Excellent understanding of technology trends in the EUT and Networking space
- Excellent presentation skills
- ITIL Foundation v3 certification
- Knowledge on
- Microsoft Server 2008 / 2012R2
- Microsoft Sharepoint
- Microsoft SCCM 2012R2
- Software Packaging
- Exchange 2013
- Lync 2013
- Wide Area Network
- Local Area Network
- Network Security
- Network-based systems (eg. DHCP, DNS, IPTel system)
Good to have:
- Some commercial experience in telecommunication industry
- Relevant experience in professional service organisation
- High-level knowledge of industry standard application architecture and development lifecycles
- Working knowledge of commercial networks (OSS, mobile and fix lines)
- Microsoft Certified IT Professional – Enterprise Desktop Administrator on Windows 7
- Cisco CCDA / CCDP certified
- Data Centre facilities & operations
- Structured cabling infrastructure
- Database technology
- Business Continuity planning